Friday, November 1, 2013

80's Halloween Party (a small step forward in time)

   So, fast forward to last week. It's Tuesday night and I'm trying to decide on a costume for a friends 80's themed Halloween / Birthday bash. I make my choice and between Wednesday and Saturday night (the night of the party) I completed a quick Cobra Commander outfit.
   I liked the way this turned out, even thou I made it in very limited time. I got the chest piece misaligned and the applique a little crooked, but I am fine with that. It really is hard to tell in person... in a dark bar... with a bunch of people that had been drinking for a while because you got there late because you were finishing your costume.
   The applique on the chest was the most tedious process but the hood was the most challenging. I had never made a hood mask before and it was kind of hard trying to figure out what it should look like on me without having any eye holes in it and nobody around for me to model it on...

   That and trying my hardest to avoid any type of point on the top. But thru trial and error I got it pretty much right...
   But in the end it was a great costume and I got lots of complements. A friend of mine just so happened to show up dressed as Snake Eyes so we had to do a picture together.
   It was a fun night.


No comments:

Post a Comment